7 Tutorial: Process Communication

Hi Niall, that was a really good video on communicating the processes via messages. My question is, can I do the same by using not Java, but Python as an external task?

When i hear Python - i think @Nele is the best person to help you out

1 Like

Hi @ichbinrk,
yes you can! Here is a list that has external task clients in different languages. There are two projects for Python. :slight_smile: Happy coding

3 Likes

Hi @Nele, thank you so much for your timely reply. Highly appreciate it.

One query, does that mean that I can execute any task with the help of using Python as an external task without bothering to use Java anytime?

Thanks in advance.

Regards,
ichbinrk

Hi @Niall,

thanks for the timely reply as always! You are a saviour!

Regards,
ichbinrk

yes :slight_smile: every task that allows you to implement it as an external task.

1 Like

Hello @Niall, how does one decide if to go for a user task or a service task?

If you’re showing some kind of user interface or front end use a User Task, if you’re running code then use a service task.

3 Likes

Hi @Niall, thank you so much for your timely reply like always. :slight_smile:

Hello back @Niall, I just watched 4 Camunda Rest API Tutorial video by you. Thank you so much. The REST API is so well explained in this particular video. However, I need to ask you this.

When we used POSTMAN in this particular case, on what basis do you choose the key and value for Headers and also body, whether to go for raw or binary or other options.

Could you please help me understand.

Edit: And also, correct me if I am wrong. Basically what we did was, we deployed our process to the Camunda engine using Postman, right?

Thanks in advance

It completely depends on what the rest call is expecting.
If - like in the case of Camunda’s rest API, it’s expecting a JSON format. i like to see the raw body because it’s just easier to deal with.