I can not neither submit my task form nor save my values

Hi to everyone.
I am facing a major problem with the submission of my embedded user task form in Tasklist.
The choice “Complete” is always deactivated although I log in with the credentials of the task assignee who has ALL the Permissions for the Tasklist.
In addition, when I choose to save the current state of my form with the submitted values, I can not see somewhere again these values. I have the impression that they get lost.
Can anyone help me solve this issue? I can not continue with my process automation :anguished:

Thanks a lot,
Steve

Your first problem occurs because you’re not claiming the task. If it’s not claimed by a user the task cannot be completed

You’re second problem appears because clicking “save” does not set the process variables in the engine. Only by clicking complete will the variables show up as process variables.
Hope that helps

Hi @Niall.

Thanks for your response.
As for the first one, I understand what you mean but I log in the Tasklist with the credentials of the user who is assignee for working on this form. So, it isn’t necessary to claim this task, because his username is displayed on the upper right side of the page of the form (as you marked in your screenshot). I think that you have to claim the task in case you log in with the credentials of a user who is not assignee for this task.
As for the second one, I would like to ask which is the purpose of “save” button since you have to press “complete” in order to save the submitted values?

My regards,
Steve

Can you upload your model and a screenshot of what you’re seeing to help me understand the problem better.

Hi @Niall.

Yes, of course.
My BPMN file is this one:
Electronic Equipment Competitions.bpmn (20.5 KB)
And a screenshot of the assignee user (for the 1st task in my process diagram is the “Central_Administrator”) while he is working on this task is the following one:

But, as @kristin indicated in my other post here (Some malfunctions in my user task form - #4 by steftriant), the solution for the first one was to delete the “required” attribute from the file input field in the HTML section of my code. I did it and now I can submit the form in order to continue my process.

Thanks a lot,
Steve

1 Like

With regards to the second part of your question - the Save button is intented to save the current form values to the user’s cache incase they want to click away and see (for instance) the diagram tab. Then the vairables they’re entered will still be there when they return.

Hi again @Niall.
I see what you mean for the “Save” button but in my case, the already written (not submitted yet) values get lost (if I click away on another tab). :confused:

Cheers,
Steve