Error while inserting value for test_ column in ACT_HI_VARINST

Hi ,

I am using velocity template to create one json and that json I am storing as it is in one variable. now I am having route file which uses this variable as body and hit on service. While storing value in that variable I am getting error "insert into ACT_HI_VARINST ( ID_, PROC_DEF_KEY_, PROC_DEF_ID_, PROC_INST_ID_, EXECUTION_ID_, ACT_INST_ID_, CASE_DEF_KEY_, CASE_DEF_ID_, CASE_INST_ID_, CASE_EXECUTION_ID_, TASK_ID_, NAME_, REV_, VAR_TYPE_, BYTEARRAY_ID_, DOUBLE_, LONG_, TEXT_, TEXT2_ ) values ( ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ?, ? )

Cause: java.sql.SQLDataException: ORA-01401: inserted value too large for column"

getting this error for column TEXT_ which is nvarchar2 . I am using oracle db.

Hope someone help me this time unlike my last conversion which still unanswered.

Hi,

The problem you are having is your velocity template is returning the result as a string. The size of this string probably exceeds 4000 characters. Thus when Camunda attempts to write the process variable to the history table, the value is too large.

You may be interested in this thread…

regards

Rob

Hi Rob,

Thanks for your reply. But do you have example or some code snippet of how to create transient variable in process?

Hi,
Unfortunately AFAIK, transient variable are not yet supported by Camunda…

Rob