Embedded Form Rendering

Hi ,

I would like to know how camunda render embedded forms in task list . Is there any rest api to provide this ? Is it only show pending request forms ?

How can a user able to view his completed user form for future reference ? Any history tracking facility available ? (Seen completed process instance history from cockpit. Asking any facility to display completed form as it is)

Regards
John

Hi @Scorpion,

The tasklist retrieves the formKey of the user task by executing this 1 request. Based on that information it loads the form from the process application. For further reading about the different forms and how to define the formKey I recommend 2.

In Tasklist it is not possible to see completed user forms.

Cheers,
Roman

Hi @roman.smirnov ,

Thanks for the reply…I saw rest api to return form key. Then after that does it call any java API’s ?

Is camunda formservice API providing forms based on form key ?

Is it possible to create plugins without changing the source code to make it available in task list .?

Thanks
John

Hi @Scorpion,

As I said, there a different types of forms (see 1), so that it depends on your used form type what kind of requests are performed to get the corresponding form. But basically the Tasklist retrieves first the formKey (see 2) and depending on that the Tasklist decides how to retrieve the form.

I think it is necessary to do some changes to the existing source to enable that. See also the answer of @sebastian.stamm in

Cheers,
Roman